With the 15-year-old RL, the teen may drive (by themselves):
1. To / from or in connection with any employment or farm-related work
2. Over most direct / accessible route between home / school for purpose of attendance
3. Or when accompanied by an adult* (who is the holder of a valid DL)
4. NO non-sibling minor passengers allowed
5. NO wireless communication device while driving except to report illegal activity or emergencies
TEENS TURNING 15 (WITHOUT A PHOTO IP) ARE SUBJECT TO THE 16-YEAR-OLD LAWS.
AFTER OBTAINING PHOTO IP, TEENS (15) MUST PRACTICE FOR 1 YEAR BEFORE BEING ELIGIBLE FOR DL.
At age 16, the next licensing stage includes a 6-month probationary period.
With the 16-year-old DL - first 6 months - the teen may drive (by themselves):
1. Anytime / anywhere from 5AM to 9PM.
2. To / from school activities, employment, or farm-related work.
3. Or when accompanied by an adult* (with valid DL), they can drive after 9PM.
During this 6-month probationary period (16-yr-old DL):
- Only one non-immediate family member minor passenger (less than 18) is allowed.
- NO wireless communication device is allowed while driving except to report illegal activity or to summon emergency help.
AFTER 6-MONTH PROBATIONARY PERIOD, THE TEEN IS THEN LEGAL TO DRIVE AFTER 9PM.
Penalties apply to all teen drivers KSA 8-291 subject to suspension or revocation as any other DL
Under 16 - Two or more crashes - no license until age 17
1st Offense - 30-day suspension, 2nd Offense - 90-day suspension, 3rd Offense - 1 year suspension
TEENS turning 16 (before obtaining the Photo IP) HAVE TO PRACTICE UNTIL AGE 17 BEFORE BEING ELIGIBLE FOR A DL